Saturday, June 22, 2013

15 Things That Taste Like My Asian American Childhood

Modeled from Foodbeast

Strawberry Pocky sticks. I love seeing these sold at places like Target!

Strawberry Yan Yan's.

Strawberry Koala snacks.  Notice a trend? I really like strawberry.. Also - I want to note that I would exclusively eat the Koala crackers, and not the Panda crackers. 
Botan Rice Candy! I still love these! Sometimes you can even find them at World Market! 
Caramel Milk Candy 

Fruit Bubble Gum. Someone brought these to gym class one day my freshman year of high school. I was so surprised to see these again! 

Shrimp Flavored Chips - I love these. I still buy them at World Market.

Nori. I think I've lost my taste of dry nori but I still love it in sushi. 

Lychee! These things were so addicting. 

Yogurt drinks - this was always the first thing I grabbed when me and my family went grocery shopping on Sunday. I wish they sold them in larger bottles more frequently. 

Boba Tea. Still my favorite thing in the world. Like ever. 

Dry ramen noodle snacks. So good! 

Grass jelly drink

Dried pork. If you're not Asian, you think it's disgusting. I'm not sure what it is, but I ate it on everything anyway. 

Sticky rice wrapped in leaves - oh my goddness this is my favorite way to eat rice! My aunt and uncle make these in their restaurant and gave me six to take home. There are huge perks when your family owns a Taiwanese restaurant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment