Thursday, June 20, 2013

How I went from being Rapunzel to Mulan in a day.

Coco Chanel said, "A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life."  Not only did my hair transformation change my life, but it also changed the life of someone else.

One year ago today, I donated 13 inches to Locks of Love.  8 weeks ago, I donated 8 inches to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

When I donated my hair last year, I was a nervous wreck.  I had been growing my hair out for two and a half years and so many of my friends would see pictures of me with short hair and comment that I looked so much better with long hair.  It sounds vapid, but I was so scared I was going to be ugly when I got all my hair cut off.  Luckily, I didn't let my friend's beliefs prevent me from donating.  In fact - both times I donated my hair, I told nobody or only one friend.  Let me tell you - instagram/Facebook can be a bold way to announce to the world what you've done.

It makes me feel a sense of accomplishment to say that I've been able to donate my hair twice within the year. And the fact that I know it is going to a good cause is a way to remember that I am doing this for something bigger than myself.  God gave me the talent to grow hair faster than the normal human being - might as well but that gift to good use!

My hair transition: April 2012, June 2012, March 2013, April 2013. 



No comments:

Post a Comment