Friday, November 15, 2013

A Day in the Life

I always love reading posts like these by other bloggers and I realized that my life is decently interesting enough to be able to do this post.  The great thing about being senior is that I have a golden schedule: 12 hours and classes only on Monday and Wednesday. I learned pretty late in the game that people actually schedule like this on purpose to make it easier to work or do internships (or waste time/sleep).  Unfortunately the Monday/Wednesday blocks make your day really scheduled but I was fortunate today to get out of one class early and have one class canceled. (One awesome part about college: when the teacher’s are sick, there is not a substitute teacher!) Variety is the spice of life, right?!
Here is my (not so typical) Wednesday:


9 AM | Champion are Readers program at the Early Learning Campus: My sorority’s philanthropy is literacy and we have developed a reading enrichment program that can be implemented at any elementary school.  It makes me wake up a few hours earlier than normal, but it is so worth it to see these kids faces light up when we have a new book to read every week.


10 AM | Coffee Coffee Coffee: One day I will be able to function without coffee every morning.  Today is not that day.  I love stopping by Quill’s Coffee Shop in Cardinal Towne for my caffeine fix.  Plus – check out that fun coffee art!


11 AM – 3:15 PM | Class. Lunch. Class. Class:  I have a really good mix of lecture and discussion based classes this semester.   It can be difficult to distinguish how the professor will teach the class so I recommend asking around before you sign up for a class.  In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever just blindly signed up for class without asking friends and looking them up on Rate My Professor.


4 PM | Panhellenic: I take minutes every week at Panhellenic (the umbrella organization for all Panhellenic sororities).  This week we had elections so I am officially the outgoing Secretary.  Greek Life not your cup of tea? UofL’s student body is so diverse and there are a variety of student run clubs and organizations that cater to different interests.

5:30 PM | Night class: My sociology class was cancelled this week but it is my favorite class this semester.  This class is loosely structured but we mainly just discuss hot topics and relate it to the chapter we’re focusing on in class.  Night classes can be good and bad – it’s always a bonus only having class once a week, but that class also lasts 3 hours.. so choose them wisely… and take them with a friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment